For use, the IIDTool is simply plugged into the vehicle’s OBD port. The cruise control buttons are used to enter and navigate the menu while information is displayed on the instrument cluster display. This interface is not available on all vehicles. The integrated interface cannot be used if the cruise control buttons or instrument cluster screen is defective (pixel problems for example). An IIDTool BT used with a mobile device will be the correct solution in these cases.
Mobile App interface
In addition to using the regular integrated interface, the IIDTool Pro and IIDTool BT fitted with a Bluetooth Smart module can be connected to a mobile device. This interface allows for more in-depth diagnostic capabilities and added functionality. Currently supported devices are:
- iPad Mini, all
- iPad 3rd generation onward
- iPhone 4S onward
- iPod Touch 5 onward
- Android devices fitted with a Bluetooth V4.0 transceiver and running on Android 4.3 or higher. Low cost generic devices rarely work.
Using the latest release (non Beta) version of iOS and Android is strongly recommended.
The alternate PC interface is available in case the integrated or mobile interfaces are not available. It replicates the integrated interface.
Full Diagnostic Capability
- Fault Read / Clear of all vehicle systems
- Service routines (including service reminder reset)
- Live Data
- Manual Components Activation (Output Control)
- Calibrations (except suspension, see advanced programming functions)
Advanced Programming Functions
- Vehicle control modules software updates (ECU Re-Flashing*)
- Exclusive content available (modified firmware etc, see FAQ)
- Engine tuning, EGR Patching, Speed limiter raising and more (purchased separately***)
- Key programming (except Range Rover L322 2002-2005, see user manual for restrictions)
- Car Configuration / Personalization (CCF editing, full CCF access upon request)
- Height Adjustment (front, rear or all)
- Suspension individual sensor calibration (needed after a repair)
- Backup of original height and CCF values
- 3 personalized height profiles
IOS/Android App Features
- Easy access to all Diagnostic and Programming functions
- Email exportation of faults, live data and ECU info
- Real time logging of live data
- Up to 8 live values displayed simultaneously on graph and numerical views
- All live values (PIDs) available for all ECUs
- Complete Car Configuration File (CCF) access upon request, free of charge
- Guided suspension calibration algorithm which eliminate the need for a level surface, calculations and is done in 5 minutes
- Height Adjust screen with saved profiles and default height available in 2 clicks
- Height Control screen which allows height mode selection remotely and lower to bumstops feature
- Enhanced ECU Info function allowing to see if an ECU is up to date or if an update is available
- Jaguar support, 2008 and up vehicles (Under Beta testing)
- And more
VIN-Locked: Both the regular and BT IIDTools come with one free VIN License. Additional licenses are available in the shop section.
Select your vehicle to see detailed functions
Note: This table is currently being worked on to be up-to-date. Some information will be missing or may be incorrect.
Access to the complete CCF list is available upon request for BT and Pro. All live values for all ECUs are available upon request for BT and Pro.
IIDTool BT and Pro
* Firmware upgrades are completed via the internet / USB and are free of charge for regular IIDTool and IIDTool BT.
For the IIDTool Pro, updates are free for a period of one year after the date of purchase. Afterwards, firmware updates will be available for an annual fee of 500 GBP. The IIDTool Pro firmware will be continually improved through the addition of new service routines, vehicle enhancement options (modified ECU firmware’s etc), convenience features, new vehicle coverage and many more items. The annual fee will be adjusted once the product has matured and updates become less frequent. This annual fee is not mandatory; if you decide not to partake in this offer the tool will continue to function normally even without the latest firmware additions.
Flashing of new ECU’s and ECU re-flashing is supported. For a list of supported ECU re-flashes, consult the functionality list and user manual. More ECU files will be added and available by purchasing an additional module except for the IIDTool Pro (included in the yearly subscription).
** Pre 2010 vehicles: The Nav On Move (destination entry while on the move by the passenger) enabling procedure is available. Not available for 2010 and up vehicles.
***Additional tuning services provided by Bell Auto Services (BAS Remaps) and delivered by the IIDTool. Additional charges apply.
****Functionality coverage for 2017 and up L405, L494 and L462 platforms is limited. Car Configuration File editing and ECU Flash are not supported at the current time.